The CDC has recommended that all routine eye care be deferred until further notice, in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 through our community. Both locations will be closed as of March 19th for at least two weeks.
What does this mean for our patients?
Please be assured that we are still available to triage all urgent and emergent issues during this challenging time.
- If you are scheduled for an annual eye examination, we will tentatively reschedule you starting April 19th. Please call before coming in.
- If you are running out of a medication please contact us and we can transmit a refill electronically to your pharmacy.
- If you have an ocular emergency we are, as always, available to help you at any time. Call Dr Chen at 786 546 1756.
- In most cases, for now, contact lens orders with a valid prescription can be shipped directly to you. Send us an email and we will contact you.
- Non-emergency email will be checked periodically: firstname.lastname@example.org
During this period of social distancing and quarantine, we must all do our part by restricting activities outside the home except for getting medical care. Do not go to work, school, or public areas. Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
Please remember that 80% of COVID-19 cases are mild and resolve within a week. Please call ahead before visiting your doctor’s office or emergency department and tell them you have or may have COVID-19. This will help the office protect themselves and other patients. The CDC has many wonderful resources. Arming yourself and your family with clear information will help you avoid undue stress. https://www.cdc.gov/
We have asked our staff to stay home until further notice to protect them, our patients and our city. Despite the financial and emotional hardships this will cause, we ask every one of you to do the same.
Updates will be posted to our Facebook page: Eye-N-Eye Vision Center
With sincerest wishes for your continued good health we remain at your service,
Andrew Chen, OD.,
Jessica Hayward, OD.,
Madelyn Diaz, OD.